Friday, September 18, 2009

The Joy Diet


The Joy Diet: 10 Daily Practices for A Happier Life
What a funny name for a book huh?
But after you think about it for a while it starts to make sense, feeding oneself a constant stream of joy would be quite nourishing and sustaining as opposed to the alternative of negativity.


I'm going to be reading this book with The Next Chapter book blogging group over the next 10 weeks. You can still sign up if you're interested in participating! So hopefully every Friday I'll be posting about the chapter we are working on.
I always enjoyed the author Martha Beck's column in Oprah magazine, she seemed to have a great way of getting through to people where they are and helping them see how to get to where they want to be.
The first chapter's subject is: NOTHING. Which I think will probably be one of the most challenging subjects in the whole book. Doing nothing is really hard work and I'm not terribly good at it. But I think I'm up for working on nothing and look forward to seeing what the book offers as far as getting to nothing and remaining with nothing for 15 minutes a day...

8 comments:

Kathryn Costa said...

I participated in the "12 Secrets" book group with Jamie and I was surprised that I blogged every week of it. I found that I really looked forward to blogging and then visiting and connecting with the tribe. Thanks for sharing this journey. Now go do nothing, will ya? LOL

Sherry said...

I'm up for the challenge too Julie..doing nothing isn't as easy as it might seem!! Looking forward to sharing this "diet" of joy with you!

Karen D said...

I also am looking forward to allowing more joy into my life, looking forward to it

The Other Laura said...

Looking forward to this JOYful journey!

Grammy said...

Just stopped by to say Hi! I look forward to our new adventure into Joy. Have a great week.

Jamie Ridler said...

Nothing really is a challenge, isn't it? I'll look forward to hearing about how you find it!

Here's to joy!

Lisa said...

Hello there from another joy dieter... I hope you are enjoying your week of nothing! Here's to a wonderful adventure!

Valli said...

I just dropped by to say and Hi. I hope doing nothing is going well. I look forward to reading about here. Take care and have a great week.