Time for some meme (or MeMe) action.
DebR wants to know: And the rules are, I have to answer JUST yes or no. No elaborating or explaining or equivocating. Sheesh. So to leave you wondering the sordid or boring details, here are my answers.
Have you ever:
1. Taken a picture completely naked? yes
2. Danced in front of a mirror naked? yes
3. Told a lie? yes
4. Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back? yes
5. Been arrested? no
6. Seen someone die? no
7. Kissed a picture? yes
8. Slept in until 5pm? no
9. Had sex at work (on the clock)? no
10. Fallen asleep at work/school? yes
11. Held a snake? yes
12. Ran a red light? yes
13. Been suspended from school? no
14. Pole danced? no
15. Been fired from a job? yes
16. Sang karaoke? no
17. Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? yes
18. Laughed until something you were drinking came out your nose? yes
19. Laughed until you peed? yes
20. Caught a snowflake on your tongue? yes
21. Kissed in the rain? yes
22. Had sex in the rain? yes
23. Sang in the shower? yes
24. Gave your private parts a nickname? no
25. Ever gone to school/work without underwear? yes
26. Sat on a roof top? yes
27. Played chicken? no
28. Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? yes
29. Broken a bone? yes
30. Flashed someone? yes
31. Mooned someone? yes
32. Shaved your head? no
33. Slept naked? yes
34. Blacked out from drinking? yes
35. Played a prank on someone? yes
36. Had a gym membership? yes
37. Felt like killing someone? yes
38. Cried over someone you were in love with? yes
39. Had Mexican jumping beans for pets? yes
40. Been in a band? yes
41. Shot a gun? yes
42. Shot a bow and arrow? yes
43. Played strip poker? yes
44. Donated Blood? yes
45. Ever jump out of an airplane? no
46. Been to more than 10 countries? yes
Several others on the blog ring have done the 5 weird things about me meme. This is an intriguing one, and I started to do it right away and then I had to think it over. Is it things I think are weird about me? Or things that I think *other* people would think are weird about me? A shift in perspective, eh?
So 5 things I know you'll think are weird about me:
1. I am entirely proud of my belly stretchmarks from having my kids. They are a beautiful, now silvery smooth reminder of that extremely special time. And they remind me also that my body is very powerful and flexible, sometimes I need that visual, visceral reminder when I'm down about how I'm feeling.
2. I love to eat dried seaweed. Seaweed crunchies are my favorite. I can't eat too many because of the saltiness. Better than eating chocolate all day long. My acupuncturist suggested them last year, and I get some whenever I go to the health food grocery store.
3. I sleep with my baby blanket under my pillow. It is pink crocheted cotton, and the cool texture helps me go to sleep superfast. It has one hole which I tried to repair when I was learning to crochet (around age 10), the yarn I used for the repair is bright green. As I recall, my great-grandma made it for me, and it has always been on my bed.
4. I wear my hair up all the time, yet I have long hair. It just makes me hot or cranky or fussy when it is on my neck. It gets in the way when I am gardening or painting or sewing. Why not just cut it short? Gooood question! Don't expect an answer though, I haven't figured this one out.
5. I have about 30 bottles of nail polish and hardly ever polish my nails. I keep buying it though. An old habit? Wishful thinking? Delusions of grandeur? Yup, all of the above.
So there, many tidbits so you'll know just how weird I am....