Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Sister Artists 3

 

I happy that it's time for another Sister Artists collaborative quilt project, this time with beautiful embroideries from women in Uganda. You can also participate by going here and signing yourself up. I participated in two other quilt projects, Sister Artists 2 in 2022 and the original Sister Artists in 2019.
These butterflies are just so beautifully embroidered and I'm really looking forward to featuring them in a quilt design. I think I will do some sample inking of the background fabric so that I can incorporate them into the quilt with more cohesion.
This one has a bonus flower which might be a fun motif to use and repeat in the quilt design.
I love the colors in this one, just looks like he's all dressed up and going to a party.
And then a great yellow grey bird who is either a butterfly predator or maybe just a butterfly admirer. Now to look up birds in Uganda to see if this one is based on a local one. I think that I might make a tree or at least a tree branch that would situate this bird on something solid.

No comments: