Friday, September 13, 2024

More On Stamp Blocks


I cut out some new stamp centers for the Stamp Quilt.  It's really fun to fussy cut these great animal designs.
But there are more left to cut, like this lovely owl.
That's enough for now.

Now that I have the stamp centers, I need to cut some more Stamp Stripe fabric. I'm cutting it at 3" wide and making sure I have the "perforation line" as the guide. 
The stamp centers each have to get marked on the centers and corners. I was using a mechanical pencil, but then I later switched over to using a Frixion pen.
Then the Stamp Stripe pieces have to get marked at the center as well. It's a lot of fussy stuff, the cutting, all the marking, but it ends up working just about every time.
And then there's also all the pinning!
I'm up to a whole four blocks whoo hoo!  Elven more are cut out and ready to assemble. Then it will be fun to puzzle out how to put them into a quilt top as they're all different sizes and orientations. I think there will be some filler pieced pieces that I'll be making to fill in the empty spots.

No comments: