Tuesday, September 03, 2024

Border Decisions

 

I think I've made my final decision on the City Sampler border. I'm doing an initial border of the grey sashing fabric at 6.5" wide. Then a pieced border of rectangles in the prints used in the quilt top. Then a final border of the same grey sashing fabric at 6.5". That'll give me the size I want for using on our bed.
Here are the four pieced borders.
Instead of a normal rectangular frame border, there will be a piece of the giant polka dot/black&white print that sticks out all the way to the edge of the quilt. I may use that fabric as the binding as well.I really enjoy working with these prints and getting a chance to use them in different shapes. I tried to have the colors kind of track with the colors of the blocks around the edges of the quilt but it won't be exact. I think I'll pin it up on the design wall before I sew it on.

Now for sewing some very very long seams around the outside of this big quilt top several times.

No comments: