Sunday, September 13, 2020

Safe at Home Again

 OMG, actual sewing took place! Hard to believe, I know, I know. And it took a lot of self-mental-corralling to get down to it and do it.

On to get another row of the Safe At Home quilt done, now that I'm once again "Safe At Home". Pre cutting the right size for paper piecing, I kind of love that really, instead of having way too much or way too little for each section.

It went together pretty easily. I used colored pencil to remind myself, a paint-by-number sort of thing. Several times I was placing things exactly backwards, just like I always do with paper piecing, because I just don't do it enough. 
I think the hardest part was sewing the two sections together accurately, but I took time and pre-pinned to make sure I only had to sew that seam one time. Now to do 9 more of these blocks to finish the row.


2 comments:

Jaye said...

That picture at the top is awesome!! I couldn't figure out what it was on IG, but I see now. Good job sewing around the outside of each block.

Valeria Immagini said...

Apppreciate this blog post