Saturday, September 19, 2020

More Safety

 

The paper pieced row of the Safe At Home quilt is all done now. And I really like how it turned out.
Here's part of it with the blocks not sewn together yet.

I guess I just don't really like all the excess left over from paper piecing. It's whole new scrap pile, and just from making one row of a quilt!


The next row requires more background fabric of course, and I've run out of the three grey solids I've been using. This is an audition picture to see if this will work and I think it does.
Here's how one of the Wonky Star blocks looks when it's slapped up in the middle of everything else. The background fabric is a little different but it's not terribly off. I think it'll work out.

 I like this Wonky Star, block it's fun and freeing to use the flip and sew method especially compared to the tediousness of paper piecing. After this row is done, just one more left to do!
I haven't sewn the rows to each other yet, as I'm waiting to see if I like how they look as the designer plotted them out or if I want to change it up. Depending on how the new background fabric plays out I may mix it up a bit. But I shall "Make Visual Decisions Visually"



3 comments:

Jaye said...

I love seeing as much as you have done all together. It is looking really great. Too bad about the grey, but I agree that the new background looks good as well. You'll have to start making pet beds from all the scraps!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I think I am going to start doing a pet bed. Maybe even for one of my own pets if they're lucky.

Nicola said...

Hi nice readding your blog