Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Beginning Lucky Charm




I'm trying out some of the projects in the Journey-2-Nebula and using two of the Jaybird Quilts rulers. I already had the rulers, but hadn't tried them out yet. They're sharing great videos on how to use the rulers which has been very helpful to me.

The first one I'm attempting is the Lucky Charm, which is a pillow using half-hexies and the Hex-n-More ruler.

I tried using a charm pack as advised in the pattern, but it didn't work out too well or accurately as the charm squares were a very very scant 5" square.

 

So I got to cut my own charm pack out of all the fabric I've bought over the past few years and haven't put away into my color-sorted boxes. It's a big stack and it was fun to go through and pick out all the greens.And they were Actually Five Inches.

It went pretty well cutting out the half hexies and I like using the ruler, it's very clear. 



Here's how it looks all laid out. I'm going to play with the layout a little more before I start sewing.




No comments: