Monday, September 14, 2020

Rise and Shine

 

After much post-evacuation postal delay, I received my very first Sew Sampler subscription box from Fat Quarter Shop. It arrived the day after we evacuated, and I'm not sure what happened to it after that to it, and I didn't honestly much care as I worried about whether the Post Office and our town and our house were maybe burning down. But the Post Office and the town and our house is okay (for now) and the package appeared in our PO box early last week, a little dented but all in one piece.

Inside of the cute box, there were two 5" precut charm packs, with very cute fabric designs. Not exactly my style but that's how these boxes tend to go, right? Sometimes they're a real hit, sometimes just okay on the fabrics. This is somewhere in the middle, I love the colors quite a lot.

The notions though are pretty great, a small rotating cutting mat, which is going to be great for trimming up smaller blocks as I work on them. Some quilting between needles, which I still and always hoard for *someday*, as well as a pack of crazy quilt paper-piecing papers. They've also included a pattern called Crazy Daisy which utilizes those crazy quilt block paper as the center of a star. There's also a block of the month design as well. 

So there's lots of stuff, and now that I'm likely shifting into making quilts for the people in my town who have lost everything to the fire, I can work on getting these done.

And now I'll be getting the September box, in a more on-schedule sort of timing I'd imagine

1 comment:

Jaye said...

This looks like a good box. Perhaps I'll sign up also -- you know when. ;-)