Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Inadvertent Design Excellence


 A printer fail leads to a very nice quilt design! I think it's really an excellent mixture of colors.

My son just shaved off his beard because it was making all-day mask wearing at work too itchy. So my mom insisted on taking a picture of him and his non-scruffy face. When my dad printed it out, this was the result. Mom rescued it from the trash can because she knew I'd like it.

I told my son that this is the quilt I'm making for him once we get back home, since it is custom-made out of his very own pixels.

We're still waiting on word on the water situation back home. It sounds promising based on the initial tests, so fingers crossed. But no idea still on when we actually are allowed to go back home. I am dreading it because of the refrigerator situation. It's been two weeks now, with no power, because we turned it off as we left. We're assuming it's a goner and will have to be replaced. How we get it out and discarded, I don't know yet...

We also have no idea about what the smoke damage will or will not be. Some local folks who have gone back have reported very different smoke levels in their homes. It depends a lot on the distance from the fires, the wind direction when it was most smoky, and whether your house is well sealed up or not. We closed all the windows and doors, but we definitely have a few that aren't completely sealed. I hope we won't have to go through a decontamination cleaning situation, but at least insurance will pay for that if we have to have one done.

It's been a very very long two weeks. It literally feels like months. I'm all over the map energy wise, focus wise and emotion wise too. Discombobulated, kind of like the above image! It's all going to work out, but getting through it is hard.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

that is an awesome quilt design!! I love it.