Saturday, January 02, 2010

Handmade Gifts Are The Greatest

Way back at the beginning of December I received a really cool pen roll made by Jaye. She describes the making of it here on her blog. She chose really beautiful colors didn't she? Cheery, yet calm too.

So fun and some great new pens to use and tie it up with a pretty organdy ribbon.
Then for Christmas I received from her the matching journal that she made, look at how cool this is!
The slightly padded journal cover with piecing and applique. You can read about how Jaye made it her on her blog.
Trees everywhere, I love it! And in the inside backcover one of her very clever handmade by labels.
Thanks Jaye, I really love both and can't wait to start using them!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

These are great colors.

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Beautiful Julie!!! I love the pen roll especially, due to the fact I have always wanted to make one, but, ummmmmmm, can you spell L-A-Z-Y??? yes, it's true. (sigh!)
Lucky you to receive the combo---most delightful!

XXOO!!
Anne.....penroll-less!! LOL!!!

Cat said...

Beautiful, glad to hear your healing!
I found you through NaBloPoMo.

Jaye said...

Thanks for your kind comments! I really had fun making them. No purple, I know, but I am glad you like the colors. I was thinking garden when I was making them.

Anne: I HIGHLY recommend Kathy Mack (Pink Chalk Studio)'s pattern for the pencil roll. You will make it so fast you won't even realize you are finished. Her directions are excellent.

Glad you are back in the blogging saddle!