Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hot Like Everywhere Else


Just how hot is it at your house? Or in your house?
We've been over 90F everyday for weeks now. I have to say that it is getting a little old. I'd love to have a nice 76F day. But that is how hot it is in my house now at 11:30 am. The top temp inside has been 85F, outside 104F.
Makes it a little hard to face going upstairs into the studio and making stuff, since I almost always need to use my iron, which really heats up my little room.

But I do need to finish up one Bag of Stuff quilt and start another.
AND
I also have to sew on the hanging sleeve for the finally finished chuppah for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. This will involve having the 66"square quilt on my lap, ugh. But I gotta do it this week!
AND
I need to work on my cubbiehole blocks for a QuiltMavs swamp, in yellow and purple.

In the past two weeks I've:
1) delivered a banner/flag for my mom's church

2) presented a collaborative project quilt for my women's spirituality group founder (Sisterhood of the Silver Branch) that I'd been working on for 1.5 years, pshew, it turned out great, and was received with great joy and appreciation.

3) attended the opening for the Santa Cruz Art League 2nd Annual Fiber show (I have a piece in the show, "Corpus")

4) Started, finished and delivered a piece for the California Fiber Artist's "Rhythm & Blues" show.

5) Started in on one bag of stuff quilt. Usually that is the hardest part for me with these, using someone elses' stuff is really hard!

So, all in all, Not Bad for me when it is this hot, usually I get absolutely stopped in my tracks. Here I thought I was being a non-productive very sweaty lump, so it is helpful to write this down and check my progress. Go me!

Funny Picture above is from Evergreen Theatre.

1 comment:

Debra said...

The last 2 days weren't bad here (highs in the upper 80s-low 90s but the breeze kept it nice). Today? No breeze, so it's a bit unpleasant. Highest highs have been 104.. average highs this past week? about 90.

We do have AC which I turn on sometime, but.. our AC is underpowered for the size of our house.. so once it begins it's on all day. I hate those electric bills.

I wish for a normal, 80s day with fog at night...

This heat has completely zapped me. I find myself unable or unwilling to get up from my chair.