Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Closeup On Bullseyes

Here are some closeups of one of the quilts I have hanging up at home right now. It just caught my eye the other day and I snapped all of these.
This is the first in a series of collaborative bullseye quilts that I've done with Jaye Lapachet (aka ArtQuiltmaker). It is from 2001 and is named J&J Bullseye. I'm sorry to say I don't have a full quilt picture to post here.

Here is how Jaye's whole finished quilt looks. The quilt block comes from the book Quilts from Aunt Amy.
We of course, used completely different settings for our quilts, plus we cut the block up on the diagonal instead of just in even square quarters.
If I recall our rules were pretty simple with this first one, to use mostly black and black/white print for backgrounds and a good mix of colors for the circles.
In the later quilts, another quilting friend Adrienne Acoba joined us and we made Seeing Red, Feeling Blue and Passion for Purple we were a bit more specific on which colors could be included.
But I still really love this first one a lot, something about that niceand varied black background.

No comments: