Saturday, March 06, 2010

All You Need is Done, Done, Done

"All You Need Is", is Finished! And only two weeks after Valentine's Day...

Some of the reds in this photo are spot on, a lot of them are way wrong. I've read that Reds are notoriously hard to photograph. Guess I believe it.
This is the back of the quilt, some big sections of Valentine related fabric and big section that I fussy cut and pieced together.A lot of these come from some panels that I bought ages ago to make cute holiday t-shirts for my boys. With that new-fangled fusible webbing (hee! This was I guess 13 years ago).
This show the quilting in the center of the quilt a little bit. On top of each block of the half-square triangles I did four hearts joining at the points.

And finally, can you read this? "All You Need is Love Love Love."
Does this help if it is sepia? A little bit I think.
I guess it only really matters if the giftee (Mr. Super Husband) can read it.

7 comments:

Lutra said...

Man oh man!
It came out terrific!
I wish I could see it up close...

Jaye said...

So GREAT! I am glad you finished it. Will M be surprised?

Margi said...

awesome, awesome, awesome! Turned out WONDERFUL!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Wonderful quilt!!! And yes, reds are hard to photograph true, due to so many having a blue undertone. (I think it's the blue factor more than the red) Sometimes shooting outside will produce a closer color...
That aside, it's beautiful the way it is, color or not! Love the hearts all around the edge.
♥♥♥♥♥

XXOO!!
Anne

Jan said...

This is wonderful and I can read the writing and see the quilting quite well in your photos. What a great gift. That's a whole lotta love!

jovaliquilts said...

It's a great quilt! I love having words quilted into it.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thank you all so much! :-) Yes, I think Mr. Super Husband will be surprised that it is finished. We'll see when he gets back from the exotic far-off lands he's currently visiting for work.