Friday, April 10, 2020

Friday Bouquet

I neglected to take a picture of our Passover diner table from the other night, because I was enjoying myself so much. (And racing around making haroset and matzo ball soup). But here's a photo of the bouquet of flowers that I picked from my garden that we used as our centerpiece. I'm enjoying having the heady scent of the lilac and rose at the table. Also in there are calendula, forget-me-not and some Dusty Miller. Once again I wish there was such a thing as smell-o-vision for online content so I could share it with you.

We managed to video chat connect with my daughter and her partner in California, my brother-in-law in New York, my sister-in-law and her family in California, as well as her sister in-law (so my sister-in-law-in-law? is there a word?) who lives in Israel. She actually woke up just to have a glass of wine with us in the middle of the night and go back to sleep.

It was marvelous and technically glitchy and hilarious, and it was so lovely to see the people we miss so very much. We talked a lot about how in this year of all years, the Seder story means so much more. The Jewish people have survived a whole lot, including plagues of course, and they're still around to tell the tale. And that's kinda the main point, isn't it?

1 comment:

Jaye said...

That is a beautiful bouquet! I thought for sure you were going to say you got it from the florist as a gift from DH. You are a gardener extraordinaire!