Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Gray vs. Grey

On the hunt for some of the fuchsia polka dot fabric for the back of my Kaffe Blue Squares quilt, I found some other things instead at two LQS. At least several were from the sale table. The green upholstery thread and zippers are for the green couch cushions I'm working on, one of the items on my Finish-a-Long list. I was unable to find any. So now, I get to decide whether to do a little rippit-stitching and replace the fuchsia polka dot fabric with the fabric in the upper left corner, or order some of the dots fabric online or just use something else for the binding.

The fabric on the upper right hand is a strange blue almost grey, it really depends on the lighting to see the color. So that will be fun to try to use.

Maybe with all these greys or almost greys I've been buying I should put them all in one quilt to fight each other. No I'm grey! No I'm grey! No I'm Gray! etc. I will call it "The Battle of The Greys" or maybe "Gray vs. Grey". This will be in honor of a friend from high school, a trombone player and his first name was Gray but Not Grey as he always had to correct people. I always felt badly for him having to constantly fight just to have his name spelled the right way.

No comments: