Friday, February 01, 2019

Making Choices for Good Fortune

Here's the fabrics I picked out of my stash to do the Good Fortune quilt.
 I was trying to make sure I've got the right color assortment according to how much yardage of each color is called for in the pattern, so I stuck a ruler up against the whole stack, and then did the percentages math... I might be short on oranges or reds, but I want to try and do this quilt without buying any more new fabric. I'm going to start sewing and see how it goes...
Here's the fabrics fanned-out a bit, the lighting on the whole thing isn't very even so the greys look much whiter than they are, and the blues look muddy/darker than they are.

 This shows the greys a bit better I think. I hope they're neutral-is enough, I don't have enough cream colored fabrics in my stash to even come close, so I'm trying this with the lighter greys.


 I think this is going to be a fun and colorful quilt to work on!

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Great fabric choices! Have you had a chance to start?