Saturday, August 29, 2026

YMMV

I haven't sewn at all this week, had a weird fever for several days, which took a bit to recover from. Mostly just spending my energy keeping the plants (and the family) alive. So this is a bit of a YMMV *(Your Mileage May Vary) post. This is a picture of a succulent that's on our outdoor table that I eat lunch at when it's not too hot. I truly love the ombré colors of the leaves, sometimes when I'm not careful watering it holds on to one perfect drop of water in its center. The sun dries it out quickly of course. But it's always nice to catch the sun shining in it.  
When I was feeling yucky, my DH bought me a popsicle when he was out and about. It's supposed to be SpongeBobSquarepants, but looked a lot like how I was feeling at the moment. When you have a fever and don't want to eat anything, a popsicle really hits the spot. 

We've been making popsicles lately, and I made some with coconut/pineapple juice, wow was that ever weird. The saltiness fell all the way to the tip of popsicle and concentrated itself (heavier than everything else I guess), so the first lick was Super Weird. But then it was as good. as I'd hoped it would be. 

Hot tip:  The 
To The Power of Seven juice from Trader Joe's makes insanely good popsicles.
I took the traditionally terrible pictures of the lunar eclipse, which we had a lot of cloud cover for, but it opened up just enough to see the moon with a big bite out of it. But with the naked eye, I really could see the moon quite clearly, more than usual. I like the slightly red-orange tint around the edge, it was a visible "Blood Moon" in SoCal apparently.

We had a red flag warning on Friday because of the remnants of two tropical storms combining and coming through, so I spent a lot of time watering outside "just in case", even while it rained a little bit on me (as I was watering). The clouds were weird that day and it was very muggy for an hour or two after the rain.
And I happened to notice when my car turned over 86,000 miles *exactly* which was for some reason, worth a picture, even on Bear Creek Road.
Hopefully back to some sewing content soon!


No comments: