Saturday, August 08, 2026

A Meg Situation

A little excitement this past week interrupted my plans to get back to going to the gym, etc. A surprise Monday morning injury, a partially torn out claw on Meg's front paw. She did something to herself out in the backyard, no idea what. We had to wait a day for a vet appointment, so this was my temporary attempt at a bandage. She was really unhappy and in a lot of pain if she stepped on her paw. Luckily we had some pet CBD oil to give her, so she could kind of zonk out for most of the day. 

I had to carry her up and down the stairs, etc. Kind of exhausting, like having a sick toddler to worry about all of a sudden. She's been a very cheap/non-injury prone dog for her whole life, so this was pretty unexpected.  The cats were both sticking around her, taking turns at keeping her company and looking quite worried when she would yelp in pain. She's usually the quiet one of the three of them.
Here she is back from her spa-surgery day at the vet. They made such a cute little bandage that successfully stayed on for two days. It was at least five layers of different materials. It was insanely hard to get offf of her, very sticky tape + very long fluffy foot/leg fur is not an ideal combo. I was surprised that she didn't even  try to lick or chew at it at all. So no cone of shame for her, thankfully. She's all bandage free now, but it's still a little icky as it heals up, so I'll spare you a picture. 

She's no longer limping around and is running up and down the stairs as per usual, so I think this crisis is over. Still no idea how she managed to get this injury though?!?! Back to situation normal around here I suppose. Off to the gym with DH I go this weekend, I'm hoping they'll have the A/C on as it's pretty hot today.

 

No comments: