Thursday, October 03, 2024

Three Borders

 

I'm working on getting the last of the three borders I have planned for the City Sampler all cut out and assembled. Here is the final 6.5" grey borders that will be on the outside of the quilt top.
I discovered that my previously assembled 3.5" x 6.5" print fabric rectangles were not long enough. So I added some extras I had onto the end of the left hand side. Now it's long enough. But I need to do the same for the other three, which means more cutting out of the 3.5x6.5" rectangles. Good thing I have lots of Tula Pink prints to use.
My little sketch for the border plan kind of shows how things will line up. The grey outside borders are definitely not to scale to each other. There's a black and white print with big colored circles that I've got on the end of each print rectangles border. That will reach out to the very edge of the quilt top once on each side. Clear as mud right?


No comments: