Monday, October 07, 2024

Heat Shadows

 

The curtain in our bathroom garden window is closed because of the heat wave and this shadow play made me stop and take a picture. It's lightly edited, turned into a black and white version, just because. It made me laugh because I can see the mini rubber duck shape so clearly. I like the texture of the curtain, as well as its folds. The texture achieved in black and white photos always works for me, I really enjoy that and am happy when I can approximate something close to it in my own photos.

This was a photo taken from my workroom chair, looking out the window at a little lizard with the sun coming behind it through the exterior sunshade. There's the woven texture from the sunshade, the overlaid regular grid of the window screen, and the slight distortion of the double paned window. That's so much going on between my eye and the lizard. And why was it up on there on my second story window? I really hope that it made it to safety and didn't get picked off by the birds that tend to hang out in the palm tree.


No comments: