Wednesday, July 31, 2024

July Cornucopia

 

A beach sunset over the Pacific as seen from the Oregon coast. I'm sure it's been an extra sunny and hot July, so I was definitely inside a lot distracting myself with all sorts of things, so here they all are in a big cornucopia post for you to hopefully enjoy.

🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤

I enjoyed this fond remembrance of quilter Faith Ringgold written by Bisa Butler.

🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤

A great video from Alison Glass on how to make a Stamp Block with her new "Stamp Stripe" fabric. Also a great demo of mitered corners.

🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤

Quiltfolk magazine is doing an issue about Cats, and are looking for Cat Quilts  or Cat Photos or Cat Stories to be submitted.

🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤

I had no idea that there was an art exhibit of that year's Olympic athletes. What a cool idea! Speaking of Olympians, I'm enjoying the US Women's Rugby player: Ilona Maher. She's an amazing athlete of course, hysterical on her Instagram, and an advocate for women with Big Shoulders.

🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤

This is a very clear tutorial and directions for a backpack organizer.

🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤

Another great Printable Finds video from Margarts. She finds so much interesting stuff with great texture and pattern.

🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤

After the attempted assassination at the Trump rally, this essay by A.R. Moxon really put the growing threat of political violence into perspective for me.

🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤

One of the Substack newsletters I read is Abortion Everyday by Jessica Valenti. This particular piece about abortion and Project 2025 is a real eye-opener. 

🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤🌞🌻🌤


No comments: