Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Wandering Wednesday - Santa Cruz City Hall

 While waiting for my husband to join me to see David Sedaris speak, (he was so hilarious and moving, go see him live if you ever get a chance!) I took the time to check out the courtyard at the Santa Cruz City Hall.
There's an old fountain in the center of the courtyard which isn't being used as a fountain anymore, perhaps to save on water usage? I like how they've repurposed it, using it as a platform for four blue planters.
Oh it's a plant that I'm trying in my garden this year, Blue Honeywort.
 There's a lot of low-water use plants in the garden, which is great to see in a municipal setting. "Walking the Talk" and all, right?
 I think I need to try and grow some kniphofia next year, these are really cool looking plants.

No comments: