Thursday, September 06, 2018

Spring Flowers


Some flower pictures from earlier this year.  Echium aka Pride of Madeira is taking over the front yard. It is a really big big plant though, that easily self sows.
 But it is hard to take it down when it produces these glorious spikes of Purple!
 Sourgrass, doesn't grow in our yard, (not wet enough) so when I find it, I always pick a stalk or two. Just to be able to chew on it, brings me right back to a childhood spent doing the same.
 Rhubarb stalks, not ready to be picked. This picture is from months ago, and now it's ready (I think, first time I've grown the stuff!)
 Sometimes I'm tempted to re-classify the dandelion as a desired plant rather than a weed, at least as far as my own yard goes.
The lilacs vs. the wisteria vs. the roses battle this spring was almost too much. I think the lilacs won.

No comments: