Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wandering Wednesdays - Bodega Bay


I guess it's a Wednesday theme, why not?  There's lots of trip and vacation photos to choose from, we've been traveling a lot lately.  So here's Bodega Bay on our late-March trip.

 I liked seeing all the rock formations, including this arch.  But unfortunately no whales.
It was a great hike that we took all around Bodega Head, a few miles, mostly just along the cliff edge.

Three California Poppies all lined-up on the edge of the cliff.  I had to lie down to get this picture.
Thank goodness for zoom so that I could get this bird picture, he was sitting at the end of a particularly small cliff edge which I was not allowed to go out on. 

Again, we lucked out with the weather, beautiful, clear, sunny.  

 I know this sign at the entrance to Bodega Harbor up on the hill means something important, but it was fun to stand by it.
 Later that evening we caught the sun setting into the Pacific from the top of the mountain on the way back to Bodega Bay from inland.

2 comments:

Lutra said...

One of my favorite places on earth.... I know where almost every picture was taken....

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It really is wonderful there, I can see why it would be your favorite place!