Monday, July 20, 2026

Here's Hoping

 

Well, it's been a long, endless, dumb month for me so far. I've been very ill with what is very likely the parasite Cyclospora that's the subject of a lot of news these days. More testing will determine that, but thankfully my doctor listened to my begging and treated me "as if" I had it and the new antibiotics worked almost right away. Here's hoping!

I've been so ill that I literally haven't even sat in my chair in my workroom since 7/4 until today. That's a whole lot of ICAD days that I've missed. I found out quickly that I still can't sit up for very long at a time. I got surprisingly weak surprisingly fast and am trying my best to take it easy to regain my energy as soon as I can.

I finally felt like doing something creative today, but I wasn't up to sitting at the machine and sewing. Instead, I dragged my ICAD box of tools onto the bed and tried to use my lap desk to get some of the cards done. It felt good to use another muscle that has been weak. Here's hoping I can sew tomorrow maybe.

Think it might be time to go back to growing my own lettuce from here on out.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Glad you were able to get up and do a little something. Take it easy. If you can do 5 minutes today, maybe you can do 10 tomorrow.

Cindy said...

I noticed you weren't posting - had hoped you were having fun someplace with no computer! Sorry you are ill and take care and stay cool in this heat advisory!