Friday, December 03, 2021

Quilty Box Plus


The newest quilty box for November arrived and there's so many great goodies this time. I'm super excited about the fabrics, a newer take on my old favorite celestial designs. A purple silicone iron rest, a new marking/tracing set of tools and a lovely shade of gold Wonderful thread.
I compared the new Wonderful gold thread to my older one and it's so much smoother, maybe it will sew better and I can use the older thread in the bobbin instead.
The plus from the title of this post was that I separately ordered some stuff from Quilty Box from their leftovers of previous boxes. These are from the months before I subscribed, I got a nice variegated thread, a stack of Carolyn Friedlander checks and a kit for making a Kaffe Fassett table runner. I didn't read the description closely enough on that last one, thinking it was just FQ's of the fabric, whoops. 
So I had to research a little and figure what I'd just bought. I found this picture online to see what the pattern for the table runner was, it's a pretty easy one to figure out, so we'll see if I modify it at all or just do my own thing with the pieces. I just wanted the nice variety of those dots from Kaffe to play with.



 


 

No comments: