Friday, June 05, 2020

Fourth Flower Friday


 Welcome to the fourth Flower Friday. I'm glad I started doing this, it's making sure that I get pictures of all the flowers every week. So it's finally Day Lily time, woohoo! We had some very strange weather and it rained, so these beauties didn't last very long 😖.
 I planted these special day lilies a couple years ago, and now they're starting to be regular bloomers.
 I'm glad the gophers didn't get to them.
I think of this one as a "common" day lily, but just like the "common" purple bearded iris, the deep color is just gorgeous out in the garden.
 The acanthus are very happy so far this year.
 Yay! The clematis survived, it's climbing up the fence along with the volunteer California native honeysuckle (that's the  smaller flower peeking over the purple petal of the clematis.
 The variegated sage gets these delicate little flowers that don't stick around too long.
 The Watsonia is continuing to bloom more and more along the flower stalks.
 Another flowering sage.
One of the old roses that came with our house, old reliable Mr. Lincoln.

No comments: