Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Wandering Wednesday - Henry Cowell Park

A New Year's day hike is a family tradition that we've been doing for quite a while now. And the California State Parks have started to promote this, coincidence? Maybe! So it was off to Henry Cowell State Park, just down the road from us in Felton.
This year was a special one for me, it was my first PT goal, to be able to walk this specific trail on 1/1/18. Just about 2 months post hip replacement surgery. It seemed like a real stretch back when I first made the goal. But my progress has been pretty steady and surprising. 
So the Redwood Loop trail is just under a mile, and is an easy flat loop trail I've done more than twenty times. The first thing we noticed were how abundant the mushrooms were. This fancy red one caught my eye, especially with the bright yellow banana slug munching on it.

 I've probably taken this same picture every time I go on this hike. But sometimes the light is just right and I can't help it.


 I like both versions of it.
The best thing was that I got to hike it with some of my very favorite people in the whole world, my husband and my parents. My husband was super thrilled that I was able to make it without a problem, he was pretty cute about it. My folks were too which was really nice. It's good to have support when you're recovering from something major.


No comments: