Thursday, January 11, 2018

Slushie Stitching

After many long years of intermittent effort, the hand-stitching on my Slushie quilt is finally done! This was the one thing I did manage to stitch on as I recovered over the last few months. I think because it was a project all ready to be worked on, it was all in one place and I didn't have to think about it at all. After surgery, one's brain doesn't work well for quite a while, and if there are pain pills involved (oh yes there were) then all bets are off on any complicated thinking getting accomplished. So this was a simple, color-by-numbers project to get my hands on, so I did.
 I love the overall look and am happy with the variation in colors and stitch sizes. I still need to decide if I'm going to stitch down the edges of the fused fabrics. After so much handling parts of the edges of have come up.

 I might just have this framed so maybe I can leave the lifting up edges alone. I think a lot of machine stitching at this point would take away from how it looks.
And we'll see how squared-up I can get this thing too, I tried as I stitched to not go right to the edges on the larger pieces of background fabric. I just don't want to cut off any of the hand-stitching, because it'll all unravel--*gasp*! No way after all that.

No comments: