Sunday, August 20, 2017

Newspaper Yarn

 I recently clicked on a Facebook ad for Darn Good Yarn because they had these eye-catching, colorful cute skirts made out of recycled saris and ended up also buying a spool of this yarn made out of coiled recycled newspaper. Isn't it interesting?
It's not washable or really easily knitted or crocheted with, but I think for couching on wall-quilts, or ATCs it might be cool. For now it's just sitting on my table vibrating with intensity.
Thanks to Maureen for the colorful eyelet fabric behind it, those colors just went together too well not to use as a background.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I wondered if it could be knitted and you answered the question! I have seen spools like this of Sari silk and would like to try knitting that as well. I bought a gift from Darn Good Yarn when they advertised on Instagram!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I think if you did knit something with this paper yarn you'd have to immediately waterproof it, otherwise it'd all fall apart the first time someone spilled their coffee on it. Sari silk yarn would definitely be very nice to knit with, I have a scarf made out of it and it's lovely.