Tuesday, August 08, 2017
The ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) that I made for CQFA this time were a mixed-media collage process as usual.
I started out with a mottled dark green fabric and stitched it to a batting/backing in parallel lines.
Then I started changing the fabric, first with big dots of Tee Juice in gray.
Then using the fine point Tee Juice I connected the dots.
I then added some dots of gold with a Zig leafing pen and lighter green splotches with a Seta Skrib marker. I liked the overall look especially when chopped up into ATC size (2.5 x 3.5")
Here's all 6 that I made.
Measuring tape printed cotton knit ribbon was chopped up to show one number in each section.
I dug through my button stash and found a bunch of brownish buttons that looked good with the green fabric.
Lastly I stitched some X's on by hand with lime green cotton thread.
There were a lot of buttons in my stash that worked, plastic, wood, metal, leather.
This wonky-edged one with the messed-up button was the one I kept for my collection.
Julie Zaccone Stiller
8/08/2017 10:18:00 AM
pen and ink
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)