Saturday, March 04, 2017

Solstice Nine

  The ninth weekly Solstice block was a really big one, 32" square. It was a whole lot of HST's (Half Square Triangles) but at least they weren't teeny tiny for one of those 6.5" blocks for the City Sampler.

Here's how all the squares looked when I cut them out. I had to count the darks, mediums and lights several times to make sure I'd cut out enough.

Once all the piecing was done, choosing how to lay out the block was the fun part. I tried several arrangements out, and tiled them together. This gives a good idea of how this one block could make a pretty great quilt top all on its own.

I sewed it together in sections, taking the layout in chunks from the design wall over to the sewing machine to keep the pattern straight.

Eventually it all went together very well. I'm pleased with how the whole thing looks when all the blocks are together.

No comments: