Tuesday, May 14, 2013

In Praise of Ugly

Sometimes ugly works.  Definitely when it comes to backing fabric.  I already told you about this fabric months ago, but I've been using it.  A whole lot.  Because I bought 12 yards of it. This is actually a Hoffman if you can believe that.  And I bought the end of the bolt at my LQS off the 'we're getting rid of this stuff' pile.  For $1.00 a yard, can't beat it.  Hides quilting stitches really well on the back, it's a good quality fabric too, so in my book, for quilts that are hanging on the wall, it's a Perfect Backing Fabric.  I just can't look at it for too long at a time.  And I will predict that there will be bits and pieces of this showing up in my quilts, because it will be in my scrap pile now, so look for it in a quilt I make in the near future.
(And I apologize if this is the most beautiful fabric you've ever seen in your life, we all have different tastes!)

No comments: