Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Conveniently Quilted


I added quite a bit more stitching to this work in progress from a Laura Wasilowski class (way back in 2007) on our recent driving all-over-and-back-again-vacation. It gave me something to concentrate on besides the stop and go traffic in various locations. Drives me crazy as a passenger.
There is more to do in the background, then I'll have to decide what to do with the edges of the objects. I noticed that the fusible was lifting up a bit, probably from being in my handwork project go-bag for so long (and in hot cars!). So I feel it should get anchored down somehow. But hand-stitching on the objects doesn't seem like it would really work well. There is so much color and texture already I don't want to add even more. Invisible thread zig-zagging the edges maybe?
I do marvel at all those hand stitches, done mostly in the car.

2 comments:

Laume said...

Nice!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I hope I actually finish it someday...