Sew Day was great yesterday, there was an excellent turnout, and many fun conversations. I also managed to get a lot of sewing done.
I sewed together all of the many many Flying Geese units I had previously made for the Lupine Mystery.
I also got to assist Kathy with sewing the embroidered labels that she makes for our guild to use for Community Giving quilts. I sewed these short seams in-between the block units.
I followed the great pressing instructions, half of the units pressed toward the pink goose, half towards the white goose.
And then I had quite a time (see the bottom row), trying to work out why the pressing didn't work out. Probably due to not reading the instructions well and also having conversations at the same time. Sigh. So, I got many of the sewn together pairs of geese sewn to another. These will make up the outer border of the quilt top, so. I have to join up the correct number of these units. Back to re-reading the instructions!





No comments:
Post a Comment