Friday, August 02, 2019

Cornucopia of Random

A Very Random Assortment of Goodies that I've been saving up for a Cornucopia Post:

These little videos of quilting motifs are very useful (especially if you're a kinetic/visual learner) 😺😺Handi-Quilter Minute Motifs.
~~~~
You might have already seen this video on The Quilt Show, but just in case you missed it: Black Books - Favorite Place. One of the most creative music videos I've seen in a long long time, made entirely with quilting notions.
~~~~
This video made me cry😢, it's such a beautiful performance of a beautiful song. Two of the members of Radiohead play Present Tense
~~~~
A video of the actor, Benedict Cumberbatch reading a letter that artist Sol LeWitt wrote to his friend the sculptor Eva Hesse. A marvelous reminder for artists and creatives to DO.

~~~~
Speaking of Doing...
I really want to try this technique of Water Soluble Wax Pastels on a Thermofax screen. Looks like fun.

~~~~
And more doing, something I want to remember is this no-bulk elastic join, so here's the very useful video that shows a great method to get it done.
~~~~
And my new favorite musical artist right now is Lizzo, she's so talented and such a joyful performer, I  thoroughly enjoyed her tiny desk NPR concert. Like she says after she's done singing for a packed office: "If you can love me, you can love yourself...every single day.  If you can love my big, black ass at this tiny, tiny little desk, then you can love yourself."  Her confidence is such a breath of fresh air, here she is wearing a killer zillion $ Marc Jacobs coat after the Met Gala to the airport. Love. Her.


No comments: