Monday, September 18, 2017

Recent Acquisitions

Some catch-up on recent purchases.
First, some beautiful gray fat quarters, which reflected my mood that day after a doctor's appointment. 🙁 As well as the intense fog that obscured the eclipse. I always like seeing how different gray can be when you compare fabrics, blue-y, greenish, etc. I'm envisioning an all-grey quilt, but I haven't gotten much further than that so far.
A huge bias tape maker, which I'm planning to use to make the binding for the Solstice Quilt.

And yes a packet of needles. I'm going to admit to buying needles almost every time I go to a fabric store. It's all because of a book I've read too many times, A Gift Upon The Shore by MK Wren.  I've always been a post-apocalyptic fiction nut, and the idea of needles being a very useful, near-precious thing has always stuck with me. So yeah, I have a small hoard of needles, you come barter some off of me in the MadMax/Children of Men/Handmaid's Tale future that awaits us (hopefully only in the stories!)
 A beautiful new quilt shop, Modern Handmade just opened up near me, they have mostly modern stuff which is very welcome in this area. I needed a couple of batiks to finish the setting stuff for the Solstice Quilt and they had a wonderful selection for me to choose from. The floral is a print from Art Gallery Fabrics, Acqua di Rose, it will be a skirt (with pockets, natch!) And that one Tula Pink cat-eye fabric I'd been vacillating about was available.
And another Tula Pink throwback collection from Massdrop. This had several prints I'd been wishing I had available to use when I did the City Sampler quilt. Maybe I can use some of these on the back or in the border.

2 comments:

Scooquilt said...

I haven't bought any fun fabric in a while, so I'm really enjoying yours. I was very happy with the grays, but then all that color! Ooh! Enjoy.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Those grays are great on their own aren't they? I always end up combining them with colors though, can't help it. So an all gray or mostly gray quilt would be a real challenge for me.