Saturday, August 31, 2013

Labor Day Sew-In 2013

I'm trying something new this year since I'm not going anywhere this long weekend, inspired by friend Jaye:
The Labor Day Sew In 
A group of people communicating over twitter using hashtag #LDSI as we sew all weekend.
If you're interested, come find everyone in the tweetchat room.  People are making everything, quilts, purses, I'm doing ATC's.

So far today I've made this:

I'm calling it Warmed Up, it is 14x14"
It is made using a small portion of the scraps from cutting out a quilt with my friend's Accu-quilt.  As I was sewing I realized that I haven't actually sewn anything in a whole month! Yikes! Out of practice.
So I started out small.  It was meant to be the basis of some ATC's for next Saturday's CQFA meeting, but nope, it was its own thing.

Quilted with orange small satin stitch and lime green zig-zag.

No comments: