Time for some quilt basting, this time the Bohemian Wife quilt! This was last worked on when I finished making the backing in September 2025. I'm using a non-fusible Hobbs 80/20 batting. And one of the studio assistants was instantly on the job even though we were downstairs using our dining table.
She was very curious and helpful in initially holding things down.She was soon replaced by her co-worker who just really wanted to have a nap in the layers of batting I was trying to separate. Honestly, not too helpful.
The derpiest of derp faces made up for the interruption.
Thankfully the somewhat more helpful studio assistant #1 came back on the job.One last switcheroo occurred where studio assistant #2 checked the spacing on my safety pins.
I could tell he was satisfied with my work when he laid down. It was so nice to have help and company while I basted this kind of big one. I forgot how long this pin basting process takes, I haven't done one in a while.
Okay, now onto the quilting. I'm not planning any exciting quilting as it will all get lost in the glorious mess of color and pattern. Probably just some walking foot straight lines.







No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to read what you think about this post!