Thursday, June 27, 2013

Spoonflower, Why Not?


So here's my first Spoonflower fabric,which I had produced using the image I photoshopped from the End of Anise.   I just really liked how the image turned into something so different than what it started as.  I was curious to see what it would look like in a tiled fabric, and I've been curious to use Spoonflower for a while now.
The interface is very easy to use and there are many tools and choices to use as you specify what you want printed.  The fabric itself is lovely and very usable.
This is probably what it feels like to self-publish a book, that thrill that you created this physical thing, and you're very happy with it, but it's not like it's official success or anything, something you've bought for yourself, just to please yourself.  Just leave me to wallow in my selfish pride for a moment.Spoonflower includes this cute little fabric label, which I'm not sure what I'd use it for, maybe to specify on the back of the quilt or whatever I make with the fabric that the fabric was printed by them.

The main reason I was even at Spoonflower in the first place was for the purpose of buying this fabric so that I can participate in the Exquisite Uterus project.  If you're interested, there's still time for you, work isn't due until 8/31.  By the way this fabric is a linen-cotton canvas with a nice thick hand., which is great because I'll be embellishing it (probably with beads and paint).

No comments: