Thursday, May 16, 2013

Another Begun

One of the quilts that I started at the CQFA retreat in January. These are just six blocks so far (photographed on a shiny brown table).  I believe they'll be set on wide black strips perhaps with some of the background fabric as cornerstones.   All of the fabrics are my dyed and/or discharged fabric.  It was fun to go through my box of special fabrics and use them all in one piece.

There's a story behind them, the story of the broken tendons in my right-hand pinky finger which has so affected me these last few years.It's not meant to be overt, or graphically physiologically accurate of course.  But just to show the various stages in the process. I think I reached a good level of abstraction with this subject which what I was shooting for.

No comments: