Sunday, September 09, 2012

Postponed Stitching


Wanted to do some hand-stitching on this piece that I've been working on for five years.  But remembered that I had to stop last time because I'd run out of the hand-dyed multicolored embroidery floss. I hate it when that happens!  So instead of  getting any new stitching done, I ordered some more of the same colorways in the right size of floss from artfabrik.  It really is beautiful stuff, it stitches so nicely, and I love how it sits so strong on the top of the fabric.  Back to work finishing this once I receive the floss in the mail, this piece has a deadline now as I've decided to give it to someone for their upcoming birthday in November.  After 5 years it has probably been long forgotten so it will be a good surprise for them.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Love the detail of this piece. Such great texture!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I love the look of the hand-stitching, wish I enjoyed doing it more.