Thursday, February 09, 2012

Sunsets Are Series

 I was just looking at these pictures I took recently of a really spectacular sunset in Santa Barbara.  And realized that they really are a series.
 Just struck by that, the sun does this (twice!) every day for us, and it's always different.  Never the same twice.
Just like any good artist, endlessly pushing for innovation while working in a series.

There are just so many variables for our human perception of the sun's daily series work. We really are lucky aren't we?

2 comments:

Patty Ashworth said...

I've often thought that when I die, I want to help do sunsets! Imagine the artists that are already there, painting every night! Wonderful pictures.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I love that idea Patty, sounds like a good occupation in the afterlife...