Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Four More Out The Door

Here are the four ATC's that I made and traded at the July CQFA meeting for the ones I showed you yesterday.
These were made with the scraps on my worktable from several recent projects. The red dot fabric shows up in one of the July six word memoirs, the small quilt I made recently, Repaired.
The red printed burlap with blue polyester came from trimmings of the quilt I made for the Dream Rocket project, "The Word For The World Is Water."
I did a lot of linear stitching and the zig-zagging of the edges before I added anything to the piece.
The final touch was a button, a nice, small, button. Luckily I had a lot on hand thanks to the recent button donations I've received.

The back of my ATC's are pretty boring compared to some. Mostly because I put off making them until the very last minute and don't have time to make a fancy label to WonderUnder onto the back. Maybe this time around I can make a sheet of labels ahead of time, hmmm, the idea has merit.

5 comments:

Linda Moran said...

The more I look at these ATCs, the more I think I have to try them!!

Deborah said...

These look great!

Julie ZS said...

You should definitely try them Linda, they are really fun. I'll be happy to swap one with you!

Thanks so much Deborah!

Jan said...

Great ATC's Julie! They are addictive. Before I ever made them I wondered what all the fuss was about.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Making Hay blog post today.

Jaye said...

Buttons are a great idea! I don't know why I didn't think of adding them. I kind of have a theme going, though. I do plan to deviate from it for one session so I can use the marbled paper I made.

Sheets of labels are great! I also try to make the backs of the cards in advance so the labels are on there. Mine aren't generally dated, though I guess I could write the date on them.