Sunday, June 13, 2010

Early Summer Cornucopia

Where have I been lately?
Down by the riverside, in the cool cool shade.
Marveling at what is left behind after a winter's worth of storms.
Taking inadvertent self portraits.

Eating strange concoctions like this trail mix I made up, raw almonds, raisins and raw pumpkin seeds.Watching my son, Zach play timpani and other percussion instruments in the school band 3 times in 3 weeks. He had quite the crowd of young fans at the all-district band concert, elementary school through high school all together.

Or home painting the two story high living room.
No wonder I haven't gotten much artwork done, flitting from one thing to the next is just how this season goes.

1 comment:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

That, in a nutshell, is SUMMER!
I am amazed I get anything done here other than clean up from storms, mow, and do laundry. (oh yes, that food thing...cooking)
I want a month uninterrupted in the studio.
DREAM ON!!!

XXOO!!
Anne