Wednesday, April 28, 2010

13 Together

I thought it would be fun to see what all my six word memoir quiltlets look like up on the wall together. I placed them in weekly order starting with the red one in the upper left. So far it just looks like a hot mess to me. But still lively and interesting. I do like the varied shapes that they are ending up being.
It will be more of a challenge to display them together with the non-standard shapes. But I'll solve that problem once I get to the end of the year with this project.

3 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

The one that really pops out and grabs me is the second row up, second in, neutrals and orange. I don't know if it is the shape or what, but I really LOVE that one!
It will be fun to see them as a unit, or a couple of units.
There is always scrim or netting to mount them on.....

XXOO!!
Anne

Jaye said...

Are you behind? I thought you said you were doing one each week, so are you being flexible or going for 52 at the end of the year.

Re: display. You'll have to frame them. Mount them on white in groups of 9 (like a 9patch) and then frame. Yes, it will cost a lot, but I bet they would sell like hotcakes!

Awesome work!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Anne,yes, I like that one a lot too. Scrim or netting is definitely a hanging option.
Jaye, yes I'm doing one a week, but when I took this picture, I hadn't finished the next three. So hopefully at the year end I will end up with 52. Hmmm, maybe 9patch settings would work. Who knows.