Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Quilts For Kids

My Downy Touch of Comfort quilt kit arrived!
Aren't these prints so cute and cheery? It has a little embroidered label and some precut strips, a postage paid label to send it back, and it comes with an easy, simple suggested pattern. They also ask that if you can, to make a second quilt and send it along with the one made with the kit. Hey, why not? I have a whole big bin of kid prints that aren't getting used at the moment.

The organization Quilts for Kids began a few years ago, trying to use up fabric that was ending up in landfills. But the organizations recently picked up Downy as a sponsor and are going big in this project, 10,000 quilts is the goal!

I just thought I'd post this in case you haven't heard of this worthy project and want to participate.

1 comment:

Lutra said...

Hey, I got mine yesterday! Yours is much cuter than mine....
I was gonna work on it tomorrow.
Lots of fun and doing something for kids!
It's all good!