Monday, March 01, 2010

All You Need Is Quilting, Quilting, Quilting

I've been slowly getting all the quilting done on the All You Need Is Love quilt. I'm not sure why it is taking me so long. I'll blame it on my still-recovering hand, I forgot how much hand strength it takes to machine quilt. More than you'd imagine. So I can't do this for hours at a time like I normally would, and just *bam* have it done already. The time it is taking to complete seems to be s---t---r---e---t---c---h---i---n--g out tooo far though. Color me impatient, yet again.

Before I switched over to free-motion quilting I did my usual clean out the bobbin space first, and hoo boy was it ever packed full. I also put in a nice new sharp needle after putting on the the free-motion quilting foot. That way my machine knows I mean business and it tends to cooperate better. This is my version of that old game I used to play of standing on my right foot only while sending faxes at the office, it always worked for some reason.
Free-motion quilting is like doodling to me, and I find it relaxing. You probably can't see it in the picture but this says "All you need is love, love, love" in cursive. I'll have to do it on one of the less busy prints so you can read it.

2 comments:

Cat said...

Fell better soon!
Don't do too much and set yourself back whatever you do.

Anne said...

holy cats, that's a lot of lint!