Sunday, November 29, 2009

Triple Play Exhibit

All of the QuiltArt 2009 Journal Quilts are on display in an online ehibit called Triple Play
You can start out on my journal quilts, or start at the beginning and read about the exhibit.

Each artist made 5 or 6 and submitted
three for the exhibit.

These are detail shots from the five that I made.



My series was based on edges. I was interested in exploring the edges of the fabric scraps I was limiting myself to using for this series. All of these scraps are from projects that I've completed over the last year. Several had very frayed edges that were texturally interesting to me, so I wanted to learn how to use those irregular and 3-d edges to best effect to convey more than just line at the edge of a shape.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I really like the frayed edges.